The NEA’s guiding principle is embodied in one sentence: “Art works.” “Art works” is a noun; the creation of works of art by artists. “Art works” is a verb; art works on and within people to change and inspire them. “Art works” is a statement; arts jobs are real jobs that are part of the real economy.
Art Works encourages and supports the following four outcomes:
- Creation: The creation of art that meets the highest standards of excellence,
- Engagement: Public engagement with diverse and excellent art,
- Learning: Lifelong learning in the arts, and
- Livability: The strengthening of communities through the arts.
- NEA’s online information on the Art Works program
Recorded: Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Duration: Approximately 41 minutes
Guest Expert: Wendy Clark, Museum Specialist, National Endowment for the Arts
Host: Elsa Huxley, Director of Communications, Heritage Preservation
PLEASE NOTE: The archive will launch in a new window; please make sure that pop-up blockers are turned off.
For closed captions, please access this via this link.