Thanks Susan, I did watch the webinar and actually reached out to one of the presenters, who was very helpful.
I’ll put what I’ve decided to do here in point form, so if anyone else has similar questions they can have some answers.
– stuffing steel wool around edges and underneath exterior doors
– rubbing peppermint oil (mice hate it) around the door frames
– foam backing rod (often used for pipe insulation) to wedge under the door with a larger gap
– removing all textiles; rugs, curtains everything and putting into bins
– capping off the chimney from the outside so nothing gets in that way
– inspection of roof and foundation to check for any pest entry points
Thank you again for the help everyone!